[R] Matching colors with lattice auto.key

Yves Brostaux brostaux.y at fsagx.ac.be
Wed Sep 24 13:07:44 CEST 2003

Hello !

I try to plot some data with lattice function xyplot. These data are
separated in two groups by a factor. If I let the default color and symbol
settings, I get the right legent with auto.key. But if I change them by col
and pch arguments, the plot is right but the legend still reflects default
settings. Isn't the auto-key feature normally taking its arguments from the
internal parameters of the plot ?

Here some example :

 > x <- rnorm(20)
 > y <- rnorm(20)
 > z <- rep(1:2, each=10)
 > xyplot(y~x, groups=z, pch=16, col=c("red", "blue"), auto.key=T)

Is it a bug or am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance.