[R] problem in integrating C routine with R on windows XP

Pingzhao Hu hu at mshri.on.ca
Mon Sep 29 05:57:04 CEST 2003

Hi All,
I a C function code, which has been successed in integrating
with Splus on Unix. Now I want to move it on windows.
So I want to integrate this C function with R on windows XP.

I download tools.zip and saved it in c:\bin  directory,
download  MinGW and saved it in c:\MinGw directory,
download Perl and saved it in c:\Perl directory.

My path is set as:

C:\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Perl\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRo
ot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec
Shared\System;c:\matlab6p5\bin\win32;

When I input the following command:

c:\rw1071\bin>   Rcmd SHLIB -o simu.dll simu.c

I met the following problem:

'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Could any one tell me the problem here? which steps I have lost or the path
has not been correctly set???

Thank you for your help in advance!

Ping