[R] row selection based on median in data frame

Ed L Cashin ecashin at uga.edu
Thu Apr 1 05:39:50 CEST 2004

Ed L Cashin <ecashin at uga.edu> writes:

> Hi.  I am having trouble thinking of an easy way to grab rows out of a
> data frame.  I want to select the rows with a median value when the
> rows are similar.

I'm still catching up on my R list reading, and I notice there is a
similar post to mine:

   Federico Calboli
   data manipulation: getting mean value every 5 rows

I think the responses there answer my question, but I'll have to look
into it.  The responses say to use aggregate and an auxiliary row.

--
--Ed L Cashin            |   PGP public key:
  ecashin at uga.edu        |   http://noserose.net/e/pgp/