[R] Gauss user question

Ruud H. Koning info at rhkoning.com
Thu Apr 1 09:59:43 CEST 2004

I have used gauss for a number of years. It is my experience that R is
slower than gauss, but on the other hand R has much more functionality
available than gauss and that saves programming time (and time to debug).
The trick is of course to program efficiently in R, just as is the case
when you do ml in gauss. Ruud