[R] choice-based conjoint

Felix Eggers felix_eggers at gmx.de
Thu Apr 1 13:38:08 CEST 2004

Thank you for your answers and suggestioins!

I just read a tutorial on the use of SAS with Discrete Choice Models by
Warren Kuhfeld ("Marketing Research Methods in SAS", 2004, free for
download). He suggests using the Cox PH model. It necessitates reformatting
the data so that the alternatives chosen have a constant survival time of 1
and the other alternatives in the choice set are marked as censored. Thus,
the varying choice sets can be considered in the estimation.

The translation to R seems straightforward, so I will try it out. I might
come back to this list, if I face problems (as I haven't used R before)...

Felix

Am 31.03.2004 15:31 Uhr schrieb "stephen.kay at adelphigroup.com" unter