[R] how to learn R quickly?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 6 06:27:43 CEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 12:19:36PM +0800, vinkwai wong wrote:
> i am new to R,so i post here to ask you how to learn R quickly?
> is there some usefull materials about using R.
> ps:though the manual is a good materials,but it is not the best for a newbie,i think.

http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/unwilling_S.pdf

R, and the S language, are very rich in features. With that comes a nominal
amount of complexity, and, I'd conjecture, a lack of shortcuts.

Invest in learning the language, chances are you'll get a lot of payback.

Dirk

--
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown.
                                             -- From the pac(8) manual page