[R] A package to read and write NetCDF?

Angel Lopez angel_lul at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 11:23:38 CEST 2004

ncdf: Interface to Unidata netCDF data files

This package provides a high-level R interface to Unidata's netCDF data
files, which are portable across platforms and include metadata
information in addition to the data sets. Using this package netCDF
files can be opened and data sets read in easily. It is also easy to
create new netCDF dimensions, variables, and files, or manipulate
existing netCDF files. This interface provides considerably more
functionality than the "netCDF" package. It is not compatible with the
"netCDF" package.