[R] R loosing history

Martin Keller-Ressel martin at ist.org
Tue Apr 6 18:35:18 CEST 2004

Hello,

Im running R 1.8.1 on Win2000 and frequently using the function history()
to keep track of what I did in my R session.
In a recent session I typed history(max=Inf) and to my surprise there were
only 15 lines of code where there should have been approx. 300 lines and I
lost a lot of valuable work.
Do you have any idea what caused this behaviour? help(history) didn't make
me any smarter. Am I misunderstanding the concept of history()? I was
expecting it to keep track of every command I type during my session.

> R.version
             _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    1
minor    8.1
year     2003
month    11
day      21
language R

Any help is appreciated,

Martin Keller-Ressel

--
Erstellt mit M2, Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul:
http://www.opera.com/m2/