[R] problems loading package "nlme" in Debian Sid

Federico Calboli f.calboli at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 16:13:50 CEST 2004

Dear All,

I apologize if the following has been already asked, but I could not
find anything in the archives.

I am running Debian Sid (on an Athlon XP), with R 1.8.1.cvs.20040307-1
(it describes itself as "R 1.9.0 experimental" when I fire R up) and I
am unable to load the library "nlme" (I apt-getted r-recommended, so the
library is on the system)

>library(nlme)
Error in loadNamespace((i[[1]],c(lib.loc, .libPath()),keep.source):
package "mva" does not have a namespace

In fact, in my /etc/lib/R/library/mva/ does not have a NAMESPACE file.
How can I fix this?

I hope the fix is not as simple as upgrading to the latest cvs... but
the machine in question cannot be up online until later today, so I
could not test this out. If that's the case, I apologise for the wasted
bandwidth.

Regards,

Federico Calboli
--