[R] nlme on Windows 2000 (v1.8.1)

Kent Holsinger kent at darwin.eeb.uconn.edu
Fri Apr 9 14:52:01 CEST 2004

Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:03:56 -0400, you wrote:
>

>>If I use Rterm, I can run analyses with NLME to my heart's content. But
>>when I run Rgui, I encounter a floating point exception.

> You do this by hitting F8 during the boot sequence.  R can
> run fine in safe mode; if you don't get the error, then it's pretty
> clearly one of the drivers that you usually load that is causing the
> trouble.  Figuring out which one won't be easy...

It *is* one of my drivers. NLME works fine in safe mode. If/when I
manage to find the offending driver I'll report it to the list. Thanks
to you and Dr. Ripley for the advice. (As I suspected, the fault lies in
my computers, not R.)

Kent

Kent E. Holsinger                kent at darwin.eeb.uconn.edu
                                  http://darwin.eeb.uconn.edu
-- Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
-- University of Connecticut, U-3043
-- Storrs, CT   06269-3043