[R] fractal calculation using fdim

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D. rbaer at atsu.edu
Tue Apr 13 05:20:55 CEST 2004

Well I must say that I am still struggling to understand exactly how fdim
works, and what form the first argument is to take.  Presumably the function
produces something like 1-slope for a log log plot as a fractal dimension.
I guess it is really the makeline() function I don't understand from the
documentation.  Is that how you got your data or are you using real data?

That said, I note in the help that the first argument X is to be a dataframe
not a matrix  (mat??).  Could that be giving you problems?  Do you get
better results with as.data.frame(mat)?

Rob