[R] par() in .Rprofile

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Apr 13 13:39:20 CEST 2004

Dear all

I installed new version (from binaries) and I noticed that

par(bg="white")

which I have in my .Rprofile causes error message on startup
But if I issued this command immediately after startup everything worked as
expected. I did not see any note in changes file or elsewhere.

Should I specify white background in .Rprofile differently?
Or is there some other recommended way to set up white background on startup?
Everything was OK in 1.8.1 version.

Using W2000.

Startup example

R : Copyright 2004, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 1.9.0  (2004-04-12), ISBN 3-900051-00-3

<snip>

Attaching package 'fun':

        The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

         interaction

Error: couldn't find function "par"
[Previously saved workspace restored]

> par("bg")
[1] "transparent"
> par(bg="white")
> par("bg")
[1] "white"

my .Rprofile

library(fun)
par(bg="white")
RNGkind("Mersenne-Twister", "Inversion")
data(stand)

Thank you

Best regards.

Petr Pikal