[R] trend turning points

kjetil@entelnet.bo kjetil at entelnet.bo
Thu Apr 15 01:58:48 CEST 2004

On 14 Apr 2004 at 19:24, Achim Zeileis wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:05:32 +0200 Joerg Schaber wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anybody know of a nice test to detect trend turning points in
> > time series? Possibly with reference?
>
> You can look at the function breakpoints() in the package strucchange

I have found this very usefull. One Q: from the documentation
(vignette) it is not clear if the distribution theory implemented in
strucchange takes account of autocorrelation structure in a
time series. For instance, to look for trend changes and at the same
time changes in the form of seasonality I uses
breakpoints(my.ts ~ 1:n + as.factor(cycle(my.ts)) )

Is this OK?

Kjetil Halvorsen