[R] arimax...

Self kjetil at entelnet.bo
Fri Apr 16 04:33:03 CEST 2004

On 1 Apr 2004 at 20:28, michele lux wrote:

If by arimax you meant arima with the xreg argument,
where xreg is a vector or matrix of exogeneous variables,
then it is my understanding (but I did'nt yet understand the
code completely) that the coefficients of the columns in xreg
is estimate jointlt with the ARMA parameters, by maximum likelihood
(or conditional maximum likelihood in the case method="CSS"
was used).

If this is wrong, could somebody correct me?

(If by arimax you meant something else, you should better explain).

Kjetil Halvorsen