[R] multi-user engine

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Apr 21 01:06:34 CEST 2004

"zubin" <binabina at bellsouth.net> writes:

> I am presently a SAS user and wanted to configure R to work in a multi-user
> enteprise environment.  Client - Server.  Where we have a strong LINUX
> server supporting about 10 statisticians with R.  Anyone have any backround
> or information they can share to help me get jump-started on setting up R in
> this environment?  Does each user have their own worksession with the
> serving executing the submitted R code? Has it been done, any feedback?

Might be hard to do in a robust framework.

Greg Warnes' RSOAP and related manager framework is one start, as is
Simon Urbanek's Rserve package.

We've (Greg and I, in that order) have gotten part way on such a
beast, using a web objects framework for consulting/collaboration
services.  Hopefully, we'll be releasing a live CD this summer (we are
pretty close to doing it today, but you know the old saw about the
last 5% of the work...).

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}