[R] RE: [openMosix-general] openMosix and R: File I/O issues?

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Wed Apr 21 21:25:24 CEST 2004

It's generally said that OM needs lots more swap than plain Linux. There has
to be someplace to juggle processes around. We use 4 GB nodes with something
like 12 GB swap; that plus round-robin logins to distribute home nodes
seemed to solve a lot of our problems.

To use oMFS to allow processes to write from the node they've migrated to
you also need DFSA enabled. That sounds like a great idea but it seems to
cause problems in our setup--that is, with DFSA off we go a lot longer
without oMFS misbehavior or other odd phenomena than when DFSA is on.

How many processes do you run at a time?

Reid Huntsinger