[R] Re: Evidence from Debian's package tracking

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu Apr 22 17:27:36 CEST 2004

Ajay Shah <ajayshah at mayin.org> writes:

> This shows that of the 4800 people who volunteered information, 1631
> had installed gnuplot -- which suggests that perhaps one third of
> Debian installs are by numerate people. R-base was installed by
> roughly one-tenth of the sample.
>
> So that's one useful fact: Roughly one in ten of Debian users is an R
> user. Roughly one in three of the numerate users is an R user.

The dangers with generalization... I don't have gnuplot on most of my
machines.

So either I'm not numerate, or that assumption is wrong.

(however, given my counting skills yesterday, the former might be
true).

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}