[R] Urgent:again question about nmath/standalone

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Apr 22 17:38:49 CEST 2004

>>[credsim at confsys ~]$ cd /usr/lib
>>[credsim at confsys lib]$ ls -l libR*
>>-rw-------    1 bcdesai  bcdesai    237828 Apr 15 18:10 libRmath.a
>>lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 Apr 15 18:12 libRmath.so ->
>>libRmath.so.1.0.0
>>lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 Apr 15 18:12 libRmath.so.1 ->
>>libRmath.so.1.0.0
>>-rw-------    1 bcdesai  bcdesai    114084 Apr 15 18:10 libRmath.so.1.0.0

Permissions?

  Are you logged in as user 'bcdesai'? Because only that username can
read the libRmath files in /usr/lib.

  If you are logged in as bcdesai and its still not working, then it
wouldn't surprise me if linux was paranoid enough to not allow you to
link to libraries not owned by 'root' in /usr/lib.

  So, change the owner to root and the permissions to 755 and try again.
You may need your friendly local sysadmin to do this. Or 'bcdesai'.

Baz