[R] Extracting the MSE and % Variance from RandomForest

David L. Van Brunt, Ph.D. dvanbrunt at well-wired.com
Fri Apr 23 03:28:21 CEST 2004

I'm almost embarrassed to ask... Almost!

I've typed "names(myforest.rf)" to see that lots of interesting info can be
called out bit by bit...

But I can't seem to figure out how to just grab one or two the summary stats
so I can save it out into a table alongside the prediction for the new data.

Specifically, though I see "rsq" for all the trees, and ditto for "mse",
(here's the embarrassing part) how do I just save the mse or % Var for the
whole forest? I really can't find it, not for lack of looking. Just clearly
not in the right place!

Or do I need to calculate it somehow?