[R] Error with 1.9.0 - Invalid HOMEDRIVE

Brett Melbourne bamelbourne at ucdavis.edu
Fri Apr 23 09:13:00 CEST 2004

Hi Uwe,

This is what the log says when neither homedrive or homepath are set
manually. This is after R has failed to start (I don't know if that's
important). Hope that helps. Let me know if there's any other info I can
gather.

Brett

C:\WINDOWS\system32>set
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\melbourne\Application Data
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=CAVIAR
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMESHARE=\\desnet\melbourne
include=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\atl\include;C:\Program
Fil
es\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\mfc\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual St
udio\VC98\include
lib=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\mfc\lib;C:\Program
Files\Micro
soft Visual Studio\VC98\lib
LOGONSERVER=\\CAYENNE
MSDevDir=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\PROGRAM
FILES\TH
INKPAD\UTILITIES;C:\Program
Files\Hummingbird\Connectivity\7.10\Accessories\;C:\
Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visu
al Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\Common\MSD
ev98\Bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools;C:\Program
Files\
Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\INSIGH~1\splus61\cmd
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0204
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\MELBOU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\MELBOU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDNSDOMAIN=DES.UCDAVIS.EDU
USERDOMAIN=DES
USERNAME=melbourne
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\melbourne
windir=C:\WINDOWS