[R] (no subject)

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Apr 23 19:19:26 CEST 2004

"Hyung Cho" <hj4cho at msn.com> writes:

> Found the following C sources/headers with CRLF line endings:
>   src/hem.c
>   src/random4f.h
> ISO C requires LF line endings.

> It seems that it comes from a line ending problem in C. What are
> CRLF/LF line endings?

CR is "carriage return" (ASCII char #13, "\r")
LF is "line feed" (ASCII #10, "\n")

DOS and *some* parts of Windows wants text lines to end with both
characters. Unix, Linux, and ISO C want just the LF. (And older(?)
MacOS uses CR just to be perverse...)

> How can I fix it? Thank you for your help in advance.

Windows, right? (Notepad is known to do that to you) There's a
dos2unix command in the tools package which you can just run over your
various text files.