[R] Changing Gui preferences

Murray Jorgensen maj at stats.waikato.ac.nz
Sat Apr 24 07:46:37 CEST 2004

I want to modify my Gui preferences to get rid of the MDI toolbar and
status bar. [ Under Windows XP and R 1.8.1 and 1.9.0.]

When I uncheck the boxes and click "apply" I am told to save the
preferences and the changes will take effect when restarting R. I click
"save" and a box comes up to ask me to save Rconsole (I'm not sure where
this should be saved but I navigate my way to where the old Rconsole was
and save on top of it. Strangely I am not asked if I want to replace the
old Rconsole.

Anyway when I re-start there are no changes and I am still cluttered up
by the MDI bars that I want to get rid of!

Murray

--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand