[R] Bug?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Apr 25 18:23:03 CEST 2004

Yes, it is a bug, but not in R.  It is a bug in a Windows XP critical
update: are you *sure* no new software has been installed behind your
back?

The fix (which you can find several times in the list archives) is to add

R_USER=c:/

(or better, the correct path to your home aka personal directory) to the
shortcut you use to start R.

There is a workaround in R-patched, usually available from

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rpatched.html

but I think that has the wrong version at present since it is labelled
R-2.0.0 patch build for Windows and contains rw2000dev.exe, not
rw1090pat.exe.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk