[R] constrOptim does ineq, not eq, but who do ?

Spyridoula Tsonaka spyridoula.tsonaka at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Apr 27 14:23:12 CEST 2004

Dear Ricardo,

Optimization of the surrogate function that is used in the constrOptim
under equality constraints can be implemented by applying the
lagrangian rule to the surrogate function (instead of using 'optim').

The iterative formula can be found in Lange, K. (1999). Numerical
analysis for statisticians. Springer-Verlag, New York. pp: 184.

I hope this helps.

Roula