[R] reading a "sparse" matrix into R

David Meyer david.meyer at wu-wien.ac.at
Wed Apr 28 14:46:56 CEST 2004

Have you considered the read.matrix.csr() function in pkg. e1071? It
uses another sparse input format, but perhaps you can easily transform
your data in the supported one. Also, in my experience, data frames are
not the best basis for a sparse format since they might turn out to be
very memory consuming and slow... The sparse formats provided by the
SparseM package are better suited for this.

-d