[R] reading a "sparse" matrix into R

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Wed Apr 28 16:32:34 CEST 2004

I've used lists (generic vectors) for this, with integer storage mode. Then
I can easily manipulate them in R, they don't take too much room, and C code
to traverse them (e.g. find connected components) is fast.

Did you have a need for a data frame? That seems like it might be painful to
manipulate.

I read the text file with readLines.

Reid Huntsinger