[R] problem with pca

Stephane DRAY dray at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Apr 29 15:46:24 CEST 2004

Hello,
if you want some help, you have to be more precise ! What is the error
message, could you give an example ?
not sure that this question is devoted to R-help, it would be perhaps
better to ask your question to the maintainer of the package)
I suspect that some of your variables are factor and not numeric. Did you
code presence-absence as numeric (binary) variables or as factor ?
If you consider both quantitative and qualitative variables, have a look at
dudi.mix and dudi.hillsmith.

But as you are not precise, you can not receive precise answers.

Sincerely,

If you have
At 03:09 29/04/2004, Famille SALMON wrote:
>Hello
>I have some kind of problem with R.
>I want to do a pca (I work on R and ade4 library) but R doesn't wan to
>realize my pca because of my data:
>I have some binary variable (presence/absence of birds, hole, vegetals...)
>and metric variable (cliff 's size...) and each time I have an error message
>because of the mix of the 2 type of variable.
>So, what can I do?
>
>Famille SALMON

Stéphane DRAY

Département des Sciences Biologiques
Université de Montréal, C.P. 6128, succursale centre-ville
Montréal, Québec H3C 3J7, Canada

Tel : 514 343 6111 poste 1233
E-mail : stephane.dray at umontreal.ca