[R] calculation of U and V matrix of SVD decomposition (according to LINPACK, X = UDV')

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 30 18:39:15 CEST 2004

    haleh> Hello, Like QR decomposition, I am looking for
    haleh> decomposition to get U and V matrix of SVD
    haleh> decomposition (according to LINPACK, X = UDV'). Do
    haleh> you know if there is a function which could calculate
    haleh> this decomposition?

yes, I know that there is...  ;-)
but probably you wanted to ask another question  :-)

    haleh> Look forward to your reply,

I'm pretty sure you haven't tried  ?svd  aka  help(svd),
nor other things that are much recommended *before* asking the
2000+ readers of R-help.

It may really make much sense for you to learn how to get help
from R's builtin documentation systems.
Probably you should also take time to read the
"Introduction to R" manual that is almost surely part of your R
installation, and is additionally available from the R project
web pages.

Regards,
Martin Maechler