[R] Data manipulation query

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 10:14:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

see ? quantile to obtain deciles of variable X1

see ? cut to divide the range of 'x' into intervals
and codes the values in 'x' according to which
interval they fall.

se ? table to use the cross-classifying factors to
build a contingency table of the counts at each
combination of factor levels.

Best
Vito

Hi,
	Not sure if I am making a simple problem complex but
still here
we go:

	I have a data frame with four columns say, X1 X2 X3
and X4. I
want to break X4 into deciles and for each deciles
obtained, I want to
see corresponding elements of X1.

	Ideally, the output should be in a tabular fashion as
shown
below:

	Deciles 1 Deciles 2	....	Deciles 10

	X1-1	   X1-2		 X1-99
	X1-5	   X1-3
	X1-10

	Where X1-1...X1-100 are elements of column X1 that
categorized
as per deciles

	Any pointers to help get the right structure would be
greatly
appreciated!!

TIA.

Manoj