[R] How does R vary from SAS?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 3 12:23:00 CEST 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:51:43 +1000, "Briggs, Meredith M"
<Meredith.Briggs at team.telstra.com> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have to show that R has more functionality than SAS for MonteCarlo type exercises involving matrix algebra. As I has little experience with SAS is anyone able to help. I have a model written in R but the IT world in this company is not familiar with R and wants to use something like SAS.

I'd ask for help to rewrite your simulation in SAS.  If it's easy,
then you don't have much of an argument; if it's hard, you do.

If you can't get anyone to help you write your simulation in SAS, then
that in itself should be an argument for R:  you've got it now, and
won't have it if SAS is a requirement.

Duncan Murdoch