[R] dots expansion

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue Aug 3 13:58:24 CEST 2004

Duncan already gave the answer.  Here's a bit more detail:

rbindGroup <- function(...) {
    theList <- list(...)
    nGroup <- length(theList)
    size <- sapply(theList, nrow)
    result <- rbind(...)
    result <- cbind(result, rep(1:nGroup, each=size)
    result
}

You probably want to add more error checks (like making sure all arrays have
the same number of columns).

HTH,
Andy