[R] R interface to Python (in Windows)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 22:01:14 CEST 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Hector Villafuerte wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to install RPY (to interface Python and R).

Since that is not R, you might do better to talk first to the maintainer.

> This are the programs installed in my PC:
> R - 1.9.0
> Python - 2.3.4
> pywin32 - 201
> rpy - 0.3.5 (I'm using the executable version)
>
> Everything installs nice, but when I try to use RPY a message box
> appears with this cryptic note:
> "The procedure entry point malloc could not be located in the dynamic
> link library R.dll"

Well, that is quite correct, and means your RPY has been misbuild, at a
guess against R 1.8.x.  I guess it needs to be compiled against the
version of R you actually used. It's an RPY/rpy and not an R issue so this
is not the right place.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk