[R] Question on Differentiating Two Populations in R

Jim Brennan jfbrennan at rogers.com
Sun Aug 8 16:09:17 CEST 2004

If I am understanding correctly you can have a look at
 ? t.test
and ? wilcox.test
depending on assumptions.


----- Original Message -----
From: "James R. Graham" <jamesrgraham at mac.com>
To: <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 9:38 PM
Subject: [R] Question on Differentiating Two Populations in R

> Hello All,
> Forgive me if this a blatantly newbie question or not germane to the
> list, but i was wondering if my current approach to my problem is the
> best way in R.
> I have two experimental datasets (positive and negative) of differing
> lengths and a large number of ways of numerically expressing the data
> by using various scales to represent each data point.
> I am looking for a scale that will allow me to differentiate between
> the positive and negative populations.
> Each dataset is simply a list of numbers: 43 numbers in the positive
> case and 9 in the negative (small sets, i know, but it's all the data i
> currently have) and I have hundreds of scales.
> I assign each dataset to a variable using scan() (each are in separate
> files).
> My initial comparison of the two datasets is simply a boxplot with the
> hope that the two do not overlap too much...
> Is this the way you would approach this problem? Is there an easier way
> of doing this in R?
> Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
> james
> ______________________________________________
> R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
> https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide!

More information about the R-help mailing list