[R] Memory failure!!!!

Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy monica.palaseanu-lovejoy at stud.man.ac.uk
Mon Aug 9 12:31:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to increase the memory R can use. I am running R
under Windows on a machine with 2 GB of physical RAM and 4GB
of paged memory.

I wrote in the R property windows --sdi --max-mem-size=4094M,
but the R itself when it is doing a bayesian modelling (geoR) it
stops at 1,096K and i get memory errors because it cannot
allocate a new segment of about 500K of memory.

I don't have Visual Basic so i cannot use the other commands
suggested in Help.

Also, if i am using memory.size(max=TRUE) i get a value
corresponding to about 1024K, and if i am using
memory.limit(size=NA) i get a value of about 4000K.

How can i force R to use more memory?

thank you for any suggestion,

Monica
Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy