[R] URL change for Statistik ETH and web interface to mailing lists.

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 9 10:45:46 CEST 2004

       [exceptional cross-posting on purpose]

Dear users/readers of our mailing lists,

The following ONLY affects the web interface to our mailing lists.
This is both for subscription changes and the mailing list archives.

For a long time, our "Statistics ETHZ" home page has been
available both as
    http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/	[old default]
and http://stat.ethz.ch/		[new default]

For several reasons however, the longer URL above has been the
``default'', or the one to which stat.ethz.ch was automagically converted.
This now has finally been switched two hours ago, such that
http://stat.ethz.ch/  is now the official URL in all respects and
http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/ is just an alias to the new URL
(and it seems to behave strangely just now for me, but that
 should be very temporary).

For existing mailing lists and their web interface, the change
change has to happen ``inside mailman'' (by calling the correct
python script and changing the lists URL explictly)
once for each list.

I wanted to first announce this widely and do the change in
about 24 hours or so.
You may have to accept the SSL certificate again {and it's not
from a so called "trusted agency" since that would cost us lots
of money we rather spend differently}.

Regards,

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH Zurich, Switzerland