[R] Help with Normal Range Estimation for repated measures

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 14:23:59 CEST 2004

Hi David,

I can only suggest you to see these links concerning
quantile estimation:

http://www.stanford.edu/class/msande223/handouts/lecturenotes09.pdf

http://www.math.ntnu.no/mmr2002/papers/invited/Bordes.pdf

maybe you find something helpful for your work.

See also ? quantile() in R.

I hope I give you a small help.

Best

Vito

I would be grateful if members of the list could point
me in the
direction of any code (preferably in R) that will
allow me to estimate
95th percentiles from a set of repeated measurements.
For example, we
are interested in a clinical measurement where we have
3 measures for 14
subjects and 2 measurements on 24 subjects and single
measurement on 36
subjects. We want to combine these to form a Normal
range by using
something that takes account that some of the measures
are repeats.
Something non-parametric would be ideal like a
weighted empirical
distribution function. In other words we don't simply
want to use 84
single values from the 84 subjects but use all the
data (but we are
aware this needs to be corrected for).

Any help, however small, with this problem will be
gratefully received.

Dr. David Crabb
School of Science,
The Nottingham Trent University,