AW: [R] built-in Sweave-like documentation in R-2.x

David Forrest drf5n at maplepark.com
Tue Aug 10 17:28:16 CEST 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, A.J. Rossini wrote:

> "Khamenia, Valery" <V.Khamenia at biovision-discovery.de> writes:
>

> > I think just smarter C-c C-r would be kind of trade-off here.
> >
> > hm, maybe there are some other voices here similar to mine?
> > It would be easier to discuss the subj.
>
> Within ESS, you've got the ess-thread-eval (similar to
> ess-chunk-eval), so the guts for cross-chunk evals are there, so the
> next part would be as you say, making C-c C-r SWeave-aware.
>
> An simpler alternative to code would be to allow one to
> eval-chunk-and-step, stepping through chunks, similar to C-c C-n for
> stepping through lines.  Would this solve the basic problem?  3 x (2
> or 3 keystrokes) for 3 chunks.

I'd really like something like that -- I'll often be using repeated C-c
C-n and accidently hit one on the end of the chunk and end up in
TeX-normal mode due to AUCTeX, requiring a save and revert.
Functionality like (M-n c M-x ess-eval-chunk) bound to a key would be
great.  But with my elisp skills, I can't quite make this work:

(defun ess-eval-chunk-and-step (vis)
  "Tangle the current chunk, send to the ESS process, and move on
to the next chunk.

Arg has same meaning as for `ess-eval-region'."
  (interactive "P")
  (ess-eval-chunk vis)
  (noweb-next-code-chunk)
)