[R] str and Surv objects

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 11 08:33:11 CEST 2004

    AndyL> Buried in str.default is a line:
    AndyL> iv.len <- round(2.5 * v.len)

    AndyL> which seems to be the culprit.  v.len is 4, which
    AndyL> seems correct for the data given.  Why multiply by
    AndyL> 2.5?

because 'v.len' is the length to use for 'double'
'iv.len' is the one to use for 'integer' (*iv* = integer vector).

2.5 is a fudge factor determined `by experience, examples, trial
and error'

I'll fix this bug differently (than not using '2.5*' ).
Martin Maechler

    AndyL> Andy