[R] [R-pkgs] New package: eba

Florian Wickelmaier fw at acoustics.dk
Wed Aug 11 15:20:12 CEST 2004

I have recently uploaded a new package to CRAN called eba,
which stands for elimination-by-aspects models.

It allows for fitting and testing probabilistic choice models,
especially the BTL model (Bradley & Terry, 1952; Luce, 1959),
elimination-by-aspects (EBA) models (Tversky, 1972), and
preference tree (Pretree) models (Tversky & Sattath, 1979).

I believe that the functions in this package can be useful
in many fields, like marketing, consumer research, psychological
scaling, and food testing, to name only a few.

Detailed information about probabilistic choice models and
how to fit them can be found in a recent publication:

Wickelmaier, F. & Schmid, C. (2004). A Matlab function to estimate
  choice model parameters from paired-comparison data. Behavior
  Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers, 36(1), 29-40.

I would be glad to receive some feedback or comments.

 Florian Wickelmaier
 Dipl.-Psych., Research Assistant       office: B5-209
 Department of Acoustics                phone: (+45) 9635 8720
 Fredrik Bajers Vej 7 B5                fax: (+45) 9815 2144
 DK-9220 Aalborg East                   e-mail: fw at acoustics.dk