[R] Help with generating data from a 'not quite' Normal distriburtion

Dimitris Rizopoulos dimitris.rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Aug 12 10:50:52 CEST 2004

Hi David,

you could try a Student's t distribution with appropriate degrees of
freedom and extra scale paremter, i.e.,

?rt
rgt <- function(n, mu=0, sigma=1, df=stop("no df arg")) mu+sigma*rt(n,
df=df)

I hope this helps.

Best,
Dimitris

----
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Doctoral Student
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/16/396887
Fax: +32/16/337015
Web: http://www.med.kuleuven.ac.be/biostat/
     http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m0390867/dimitris.htm