[R] How to display the equation of ECDF

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Aug 15 13:33:02 CEST 2004

	  Just type "ecdf" at a command prompt like you type "pi" and get back
3.141593.  hope this helps.  spencer graves

p.s.  Have you looked at "An Introduction to R" [available in the upper
left after help.start() or on www.r-project.org -> Documentation ->
Manuals?

#################################
Yair Benita wrote:

 > I wanted to get the equation of the cumulative distribution. Looking
through the manual I found the ecdf function used it as follows:

 > x contains about 3000 real values. Here is my command line:
 >
 > plot.ecdf(ecdf(x))
 >
 > This gives me a plot with an exponential curve with a y axis of Fn(x)
and I would like to see the equation of the function plotted.

 > How can you type ecdf with no parantheses? it gives me an error. Can
you give me an example?

 > Thanks,
 > Yair

quicker from following this guide.  If not, the exercise might help you
formulate your question in a way that might elicit more useful
response(s).