[R] all.equal and names?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Aug 19 02:35:21 CEST 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:02:02 -0400, Spencer Graves
<spencer.graves at pdf.com> wrote:

>Hi, Duncan:
>
>      Thanks much.  I think I remember reading about both "all.equal"
>and "identical" in Venables and Ripley (2002) MASS.  Unfortunately, I
>don't have MASS handy now, and I could not find it otherwise, so I asked.
>
>      What needs to happen to upgrade the "all.equal" documentation to
>add "identical" to the "see also"?

I just did it.  It was there in the text, but should also have been in
see-also.

In general to get something added to the docs, the best way is to
collect a few similar things, classify them as doc errors, suggested
improvements, etc, and post them to R-devel (if you're not sure
they'll be accepted) or to R-bugs (if they are sure things).  It's
definitely best to submit suggested replacement text.

Duncan Murdoch