[R] A question about external time-dependent covariates in co x model

Hanke, Alex HankeA at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Thu Aug 19 14:36:22 CEST 2004

Dear Rui,
>From my understanding of time-dependent covariates (not an expert but have
been working on a similar problem), it would appear that the coding of the
status column is not correct. Unless you have observed an event at each
interval you should only have status=1 for the last interval. In your
example I see 3 in total. Also, I think that if "end" is proportional to
your "covariate" you are incorporating a redundant time effect into the
model. The time effect is in the baseline hazard.

Alex