[R] Do you know if you can map a large minimum spanning tree in R?

Wade, Fiona M Fiona.M.Wade at team.telstra.com
Fri Aug 20 09:16:16 CEST 2004

Thanks Roger and Mike.
I spent most of today fiddling as Mike's suggestion got me the nodes on the map, but I had trouble with the coordinates, however I eventually got it to work with the following :

	code to input site data, calculate distances, calculate minimum spanning tree in mdist

	coords = array(0,c(NumSites,2))

	for( i in 1:NumSites )
	{
	   coords[i,1] = sites[i,3];
	   coords[i,2] = sites[i,2];
	}  #sites contains site name, lat, long

	library(spdep)
	mdist.nb <- mat2listw(mdist)$neighbours
	plot(mdist.nb, coords)

	library(maps)
	map('world',add=T,xlim=c(110,155),ylim=c(-45,-10))
	map(add=T,xlim=c(110,155),ylim=c(-45,-10))

Now I just have to pretty up the result for the boss!
Thanks again!
Fiona.