[R] IDE or an Editor for R

Arne Henningsen ahenningsen at email.uni-kiel.de
Fri Aug 20 11:04:42 CEST 2004

Hi SP,

I prefer to use kate (KDE advanced text editor), because it is easier to learn
than emacs or vim and IMHO it is also very convenient to use. I have the kate
window split into 3 parts: a) the file selector, b) the editor window, and c)
a command line with "R". I can either source() whole files or select some
lines in the editor and execute them by a middle-click in the command line
window. You can download the latest version of the syntax highlighting
definitions for R from my homepage (scroll to the very bottom):
http://www.uni-kiel.de/agrarpol/ahenningsen/index-e.html

All the best,
Arne