[R] Loss of rownames and colnames

Min-Han Tan minhan.science at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:46:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am working on some microarray data, and have some problems with
writing iterations.

In essence, the problem is that objects with three dimensions don't
have rownames and colnames. These colnames and rownames would
otherwise still be there in 2 dimensional objects.

I need to generate multiple iterations of a 2 means-clustering
algorithm, and these objects thus probably need 3 dimensions.

My scripts are all written with heavy references to matching of
colnames and rownames, so I am running into some problems here.
(colnames = sample ids, and rownames = gene ids)

My bad workaround solution so far has been to generate objects tagged
with ".2", and have multiple blocks of code.

e.g.

test.1 <- ...

test.2 <- ...

test.x <- ..

The obvious problem with this solution is that there does not seem to
be an easy way of manipulating all these objects together without
typing out their names individually.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,
Min-Han