[R] loadhistory() in .Rprofile ?

ivo_welch-rstat8783@mailblocks.com ivo_welch-rstat8783 at mailblocks.com
Sat Aug 21 23:50:28 CEST 2004

dear wizards:  my .Rprofile has just one command for testing,
  loadhistory("~/.Rhistory")
but this gives me an error on R startup:
  Error: couldn't find function "loadhistory"
Invoking loadhistory() as the first interactive command works fine;
incidentally, I believe loadhistory() in the .Rprofile worked in
earlier or other platform R releases, too.

Is the .Rprofile now loaded before loadhistory()?  if so, this seems to
make it impossible to set up one big history file across directories
(save history prior to exit, then reload automatically on entry).  if
not, I probably screwed something up---again.

regards, /iaw
---
ivo welch

PS: my earlier amd64 gentoo problem was caused by my use of f2c, which
apparently is not happy on amd64 platforms.  thanks to those who let me
know the problem.