[R] Reading GAL file

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Aug 23 18:19:28 CEST 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Mihai Nica wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I am trying to work with spdep (everything is "brand new" downloaded
> this morning). OS = Windows 2000 (also up to date). The code I am using
> follows:
>
> #example
>
> gal.county=read.geoda("lnpilnd.GAL", row.names=NULL, skip=0)

Well, if you look at the help page for read.geoda() and read.gal(), you
may see that read.gal() is what you use for reading the GAL file, and
read.geoda() is just there as an easy way of using read.csv() for data
files on the CSISS server. I can see that the help page could be clearer,
it will be in the next release.