[R] Help using Hmisc / Latex

Joao Pedro W. de Azevedo jazevedo at provide.com.br
Wed Aug 25 13:02:17 CEST 2004

Dear R users,
I'm trying to automatically generate a *.tex file with the output of an OLS
estimation. Some people suggested to use the latex function on the Hmisc
package. I'm having a bit of trouble to properly specify this function (I'm
not a very experienced R user). Below you will find an example, of what I'm
doing.

## Annette Dobson (1990) "An Introduction to Generalized Linear Models".
## Page 9: Plant Weight Data.
summary(lm.D90 <- lm(weight ~ group - 1))# omitting intercept
out  <- latex(lm.D90)
latex(out, model1, file="")

When I run this code, I get an output which does not attend my needs.

First, I could not figure out how to print the variable names. Second I'm
not sure how I can select only the coefficients and the std. errors to be
inserted on the output. Third, I was wondering if there is any way I can
automatically generate significance level indicators next to either the
coefficients or the std erros. Forth, is there any way I can aumtomaticaly
insert some of model fitting statistics? Fifth, is it possible to specify
this function to save the std. error under the coefficient?

I'm sure this are quite basic questions, but my attempts to fiddle with the
parameters in the model took me nowhere.

Many thanks once again,

Joao Pedro