[R] Measuring Variational Distance

Bret Collier bacolli at uark.edu
Wed Aug 25 18:26:00 CEST 2004

         Does anyone know if there is a package or code somewhere in R that 
provides a measure of the maximum difference between 2 distributions 
defined on a common space?  I think it is called variational distance?  I 
have constructed several marginal distribution plots (proportion/sample 
where I defined bin-widths) showing the difference between 2 treatments and 
I have been trying to get a measure of the difference in area between the 

I tried searches using "variational distance"  on the R website and CRAN 
with no luck.


Bret Collier
Univ. Arkansas

More information about the R-help mailing list